By Admin Posted May 04, 2018 In
A home loan that is tailored to your requirements can play an instrumental role in turning your dreams into reality. If you are in the market for a good home loan offer, it is only understandable that you are confused about making the right choice. There are very many home loan offers out there, which is why it is important for homebuyers to be selective.
Here are some tips on how to select the best home loan:
1. The lowest rate of interest isn’t always the best: Don’t simply opt for the lowest rate of interest, as there can be other hidden costs embedded here. Make sure to read the fine print and make enough comparisons before choosing a home loan offer.
2. A floating rate of interest is preferable: Over a long period of time, a home loan with a floating rate of interest typically works out to be more economical than one with a fixed rate.
3. Go for an industry-specific loan: Apply for a loan to a lending company or firm that specializes in home loans. These firms understand the real estate sector, and are likely to offer you the best deals.
4. Deals and concessions can make a big difference: Be mindful of the tax deductions and other deals and concessions that you can avail of against the home loan. In the long run, these can ease the loan repayment burden to a large extent.
5. Keep your biases out of the way: You may not have had a great loan experience with a different product in the past, and your friends and family may have their own tales to tell, but the key to making the best home loan decision is to do the math yourself and see what works best for you.
6. Online reviews can offer valuable insight: Make sure to do your fair share of research before choosing a home loan offer. Reading online reviews by other customers can provide valuable insights.
7. Consult the experts on the matter: Your wealth manager, chartered account and bank relationship manager can help you make an informed decision about a good home loan offer, as they have insights about your income and financial situation.